 |
| Piaget's Theory |
The game show activity was both challenging and interesting for me because it allowed us to learn through performance and teamwork. Our class was divided into groups of three, and my group was assigned Piaget’s Theory of Play. While working on this theory, I learned that children build knowledge through play by connecting what they already know with new experiences. This made me realize that play is not just something children do for enjoyment, but it is also an important process that helps them develop understanding and make sense of their surroundings.
My group decided to present our work through a live performance. At first, I felt very uncomfortable because I had to act like a small child in front of everyone. I was nervous and kept thinking that I might feel embarrassed while performing. Acting in that way was not easy for me because I am usually shy when it comes to performing in front of a large group. However, as we continued practicing and finally performed, I became more relaxed. I understood that the purpose was to show learning in a creative way, and this helped me focus less on my nervousness. By the end of the activity, I felt proud of myself for trying something I usually would avoid. It taught me that confidence grows when we challenge ourselves.
 |
| Theorists of Play |
I also enjoyed observing the other groups because each theory was presented differently. Some performances were funny, while others were thoughtful and informative. This helped me understand how play can be viewed from many perspectives, including emotional, social, and creative development. Seeing these different ideas presented in action made the theories easier to understand compared to simply reading about them in a textbook. It showed me that learning becomes more effective when it is active and engaging.
The theory I found most interesting was Parten’s Theory of Play. I liked learning about this theory because it explains the different stages of social play, from playing alone to cooperative group play. I found this theory meaningful because it shows how children slowly develop social skills as they grow and interact more with others. It helped me understand that every stage of play is important and supports development in its own way. I liked this theory because it clearly shows how play helps children learn to communicate, cooperate, and build relationships, which are important skills for life.
Dechen your reflection is very engaging, honest, and well-explained. I really liked how you clearly described your experience of presenting Piaget’s Theory of Play and how you connected it to children’s learning and knowledge construction. Your honesty about feeling nervous and gradually gaining confidence makes your reflection very authentic and relatable, and it also shows real personal growth. I also liked how you appreciated other groups’ presentations, as it shows you learned from multiple perspectives and understood play theories more deeply. Your explanation of Parten’s Theory of Play is clear and meaningful, especially how you connected it to children’s social development. Overall, this is a thoughtful reflection that effectively combines theory, experience, and personal learning.
ReplyDeleteA very engaging reflection that shows both your learning and your personal experience of stepping out of your comfort zone. You clearly explain Piaget’s ideas and connect them well to what you experienced during the activity.
ReplyDeleteI like how you reflected honestly on your nervousness during the performance and showed how it helped you build confidence. Your explanation of Piaget’s and Parten’s theories is clear, and I especially liked how you connected play to real social and learning development in children.
ReplyDelete